Friday, April 19, 2013

Behold Religion in the 21st Century

This week, religious people committed an unspeakable atrocity in Boston.  Other religious people immediately described the act as "godless."

I've had enough.

I am, at least for the time being, suspending all online activities related to religion, including this blog.  I have decided that those who promote religion are no longer worth engaging in dialog, and they are deserving of nothing but scorn.

I'm happy to defend your right to have your religion; I just don't want to hear about it.  Religion simply has no place in reasoned discourse in the 21st Century.

As Christopher Hitchens pointed out, there is no benefit that religion provides society that cannot be achieved without it. 

Keep your religion to yourself.  I don't even care enough to talk about it any more.

1 comment:

  1. Comment from Thoughts For Young Men censored for being a dangerous wingnut who would happily bomb a sporting event if his god told him to.

    ReplyDelete