Monday, January 7, 2013

No takers, huh...

This blogging thing is new to me, and I've discovered a feature I really like.  I can see how many page views each of my posts has received.  The most popular one so far:  My post asking why Christians oppose slavery when the Bible endorses it.

Yet, despite more people having viewed this post than any other, no one has dared answer it.  I can see why.  As Christians, they are duty-bound to check out what a non-believer asks in a post called "Perhaps a Christian Could Enlighten Me."  But when it turns out to be an uncomfortable question?  Forget it. 

Easy to be an evangelist until you get challenged, huh.

3 comments:

  1. See my comments to DVD Bach regarding slavery at
    http://ephesians4-15.blogspot.com/2013/01/atheism-and-grief.html
    You'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the comments.

    My favorite part is when DVD Bach cannot recognize that words can have more than one meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If DVD Bach really wanted to condemn slavery in the Bible, he would cite and explain all the passages in the Bible related to slavery. Anyone can pick one isolated portion and make it say whatever they want. For instance, the Bible also says, "There is no God", but it you read it in context, it says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God."

    DVD Bach has selected just a few verses in the Bible about slavery. What about the all the other verses relating to slavery? There are a lot of them. What about the verses that specifically condemn kidnapping.

    DVD Bach misrepresents the Bible's view of slavery. All he has really done is condemned slavery as practiced in early American history (and other similar forms). Well, duh!

    If he wants to condemn the Biblical view of slavery, then he must actually address the Biblical view of slavery in its entirety. Otherwise, he's just blowing a lot of hot air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough. I invite everyone to read the entire book of Leviticus and see the context for themselves. You'll find that I am accurately characterizing slavery as the owning of other human beings as property.

    ReplyDelete